Fees and Tuition
SISS International Student Administrative Fee
The International Student Administrative Fee (ISAF) is an annual fee of $330 that will be charged each term ($110 per quarter or $165 per semester) to all international students in F-1 and J-1 status, excluding UC Education Abroad and students whose I-20 or DS-2019 forms are not issued by UC Davis. The fee was approved by Acting Chancellor Hexter in January 2017.
During a student’s program at UC Davis, and during post-graduation Optional Practical Training or Academic Training, SISS provides support for travel, work authorization, cultural adjustment, and other services. While a person is in legal F-1 or J-1 status, SISS is required by federal regulations to provide services, and timely reporting of student information to the US Department of State, and the US Department of Homeland Security.
The ISAF supports a number of services and programs:
- Provide the I-20 or DS-2019 form to admitted and financially qualified students. These forms are necessary to apply for a U.S. student visa.
- Maintenance of student records in the U.S. Government database, SEVIS, which allows students to enroll at the University, and in certain circumstances obtain work authorization both on and off-campus related to the student’s course of study. SISS maintains these records even after graduation when students are granted employment authorization through the Optional Practical Training program, or Academic Training.
- Assistance and information related to international travel as an F-1 or J-1 student.
- New student orientation programs, including the Global Ambassador and First Friends programs that provide support for new students throughout their first year at UC Davis.
- Courses especially designed to support the academic achievement of international students, such as EDU 98 and EDU 198, “Foundations for University Success for International Students.”
- Numerous programs that promote intercultural exchange, such as the annual International Community Retreat, International Café, Global Engagement Mondays, and the International Friendship Program.
The ISAF may be adjusted annually based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI).