Get in touch with SISS
The SISS office in the International Center is temporarily closed due to COVID-19; SISS Advisors continue to meet with international students and scholars on the phone or online.
As the office is temporarily closed, we do not recommend calling. Please directly email your SISS Advisor to set up an appointment to meet by phone or online with Zoom. Find a list of advisors below or listed in our People Directory.
Contacting SISS when the office is closed, and options available for getting a travel signature on your I-20 or DS-2019 when still in Davis or have already left the Davis area.
Phone: 530-752-0864 (note: the office is temporarily closed; we do not recommend calling.)
Fax: 530-752-5822 (note: the office is temporarily closed; we do not recommend calling.)
SISS - International Center
One Shields Avenue
463 California Avenue, Ste. 3140
Davis, CA 95616 USA
Express mail and delivery options for I-20 and DS-2019
SISS Student and Scholar Advisors are assigned by last name and/or area of expertise. Find your SISS Advisor below and click on their name to view their contact information. Schedule a phone or online appointment directly with your SISS Advisor.
For students on the topics of: Changing degree level (Bachelor/Graduate), curricular practical training (CPT), dismissal, OSSJA and related topics, dropping below 12 units for academic difficulties, dropping below 12 units for medical, F–1 OPT/STEM questions, J–1 academic training (AT), J–1 program extension, J–2 work authorization, leave of absence/PELP, updating/adding a dependent.
- Michelle Baker (H)
- Sharon Ericsson (M, U, X, Z)
- Matthew Kaminski-Lucas (A-G, O, Q)
- Meredith Lucas (I, K, P, T, W, Y)
- Robert Nagel (L, N, S, V)
- Tammy Silver (J, R)
For students on the topics of: Change of major, concurrent enrollment, DMV (Driver License), EAP enrollment verification, I-515A form, I-94 issues, iGlobal issues, in-absentia form, inviting family to U.S., F-1 and J-1 on-campus employment, F-1 OPT packet review, passport renewal/lost, F-1 program extension, reduced course load final quarter, SSN/ITIN, transferring, visa renewal, travel questions.
- J-1 advisors: Daniel Padron (A-E), Gayle Nerli (F-J), Simone Kueltz (K-L), Mary Alurwar (M-Z)
- H-1B advisors: Gayle Nerli, Simone Kueltz
- E-3, TN advisor: Gayle Nerli
- Permanent Residence and O-1 advisor: Kimberly Haky
Due to COVID-19, the SISS physical office is temporarily closed. Advisors are working from home, and take phone and online appointments. Please note that we use Zoom for online appointments. Reach out to advisors directly to schedule an appointment.
SISS maintains two e-mail lists that are sent out to subscribers every Friday. To subscribe, click on the hyperlinks below and you will be asked for your email address. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- The SISS Newsletter provides information about upcoming events and activities and offers important updates
- The SISS Housing Bulletin provides listings of items for sale, available housing, and other related items. Please note: SISS offers this bulletin as a convenience to interested parties and makes no warranties or assurances as to the quality of the items of services described in this posting, the quality of the transactions, or the reliability of the purchasers.
Add items to the SISS Newsletter
We’re always looking for resources, events, and opportunities for international students and scholars to engage with student organizations, campus departments, and the Davis community. If you would like an announcement in our monthly e-newsletter, submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Newsletter Submission Request.” Submissions should be made at least four weeks in advance to ensure adequate time for inclusion in the newsletter.*
Please include the following information:
- Contact: First & last name, email, phone number, and department/organization/affiliation.
- Content: Title and blurb for your post and all relevant logistical information; please be as detailed yet concise as possible
- Images or Links: Please include full links and images in .jpg. or .png format.
*Submissions that do not adhere to the instructions above may not be considered. Services for International Students and Scholars reserves the right to post content at its discretion.
Add items to the SISS Housing Bulletin
If you have items to add to these lists, email SISSlists@ucdavis.edu by Friday at 9:00 a.m.
- Your Subject line should tell which list you want your item to be included on:
- For Sale
- Do not send any pictures.
- Only the body of your email will be included. Make sure to include contact information in your description.
- The list is generally sent out every Friday and will include items received before 9:00 a.m.
- If you wish your item to be included in the list for more than one week, you MUST resend the information each week.