International Student Orientation
Congratulations and welcome to our UC Davis community! All orientation events for new international students and scholars for the fall will be virtual. Visit our international student orientation webpages for all the details to complete orientation requirements, to find resources to help adjust to life in the U.S., and to access campus resources remotely.
Learn more about City of Davis and UC Davis campus resources:
- Safety: the City of Davis Police Department and UC Davis Police Department explain about safety in the City of Davis and on campus.
- Unitrans Bus System: learn how to use the Unitrans bus system in Davis, including where to catch the bus and how much the fare will be.
- Biking: Davis is a bike-friendly city and campus. Learn about the importance of bike safety, what kind of bike to get, and how to get around campus and the city.
- UC Student Health Insurance Plan (UC SHIP): if you have the UC SHIP health insurance policy, this video provides more details on how to access these services and their associated costs.
- U.S. Healthcare 101: get an overview of the U.S. health care system and how to access health services in Davis.
Live Q&A Events
Join us September 23 for live Q&A events with the content experts featured in the above videos. Get your questions answered on Wednesday, Sept. 23 by attending live virtual Q&A events with guest presenters featured in the above videos about City of Davis and UC Davis campus resources
See the full YouTube playlist for SISS videos. More videos for international students, scholars, and families coming soon!
Trouble watching the videos? Don't forget to sign into the UC Davis VPN through the Library.
Special Event for Families of New Undergraduate Students
Sept. 23, 2020, 8-9:30 a.m. (PDT): Family members of new undergraduate students are invited to a virtual Q&A event, How to Support Your Student. Hear from a panel of advisors about how parents and family members can help support their student during their studies, whether at Davis or in their home country. This session is for parents and family members of new undergraduate students. Registration is required.
Foundations for University Success
EDU 065: Foundations for University Success for International Students is a three part series offered by the School of Education and designed specifically to identify and address the tools international undergraduate students will need to succeed at UC Davis.
Campus Orientation for All New Students
Undergraduates can visit the UC Davis Orientation page for more details about the comprehensive orientation experience for all new UC Davis undergraduate students.
Graduate students can learn more about the Graduate Student Orientation event from Graduate Studies, an intensive social and academic overview for new graduate students.
Evening Community Spaces
Join Global Affairs and Global Ambassador mentors for a fun, engaging virtual activity with other incoming international students. These evening spaces are a great opportunity to get to know your fellow undergraduate students and begin making connections before classes start! Dates and times below. Please check your Orientation materials for the Zoom event links.
- Saturday, September 26 from 8:30 p.m. to 9:15 p.m. PDT
- Sunday, September 27 from 9:25 p.m. to 10 p.m. PDT
- Monday, September 28 from 9:15 p.m. to 10 p.m. PDT