Once you have been admitted, you will work with many departments on campus to meet all the requirements necessary to study here at UC Davis. A few very important items are listed here to help get you started, but make sure to explore the entire Newly Admitted Student section to get all of the information you need as an international student for immigration purposes. We suggest you start with our checklists.
- The Pre-Arrival Checklist includes steps that must be followed to get the proper immigration documents to study at UC Davis.
- The Arrival Checklist includes steps that must be taken as soon as you get to UC Davis to maintain your immigration status.
- If you have questions about your I-20 or DS-2019 form, email us at email@example.com.
- See mail and delivery options for receiving your 1-20 or DS-2019 document.
All students should begin checking their UC Davis email address regularly to avoid missing important information. SISS helps international students with issues relating to their immigration status and will send email to your UC Davis email account. In addition, other departments will send important information to your UC Davis email address.
If you are not able to access your UC Davis email account, please consider one of these options:
- Forward your email to an account you can access regularly.
- Try the UC Davis Library's off-campus connection service.
Once you are admitted to the university, there are many requirements to complete before you begin your studies.
- Undergraduate students should log in to MyAdmissions regularly and check their UC Davis email to make sure they meet all of the post-admission/pre-arrival requirements.
- Graduate students will work with their departments and Graduate Studies to fulfill all of their requirements.
One of the first mandatory requirements in maintaining your F-1 or J-1 status is to complete SISS Check-In. You may check-in online by following the steps outlined below. You cannot begin the check-in process until you arrive in the U.S.
- Go to iGlobal
- Log on using your Kerberos login credentials
- Click on “LOGIN” under Incoming and Continuing Students and Staff Members.
Once complete, you will receive an email confirming you have completed all the required steps. SISS will send you another email once we approve the check-in and activate your SEVIS record.
This is a three part series offered by the School of Education and designed specifically to identify and address the tools international undergraduate students will need to succeed at UC Davis.