Contacting SISS when the Office is Closed
SISS is closed on weekends, University Holidays and the days between Christmas and New Years. All holidays are listed on the campus Academic and Administrative Calendar. In case of an emergency when the office is closed, please contact the UC Davis Police Department at 530-752-1727. Calls will be routed to the appropriate staff member.
Need a Travel Signature on your 1-20 or DS-2019?
If you find that you must leave the United States without a travel signature or have already left the United States, remember you will only need the travel signature when entering the country--you are free to leave any time.
Options available to you if you are still in the Davis area:
- Option 1: Because you are not required to have an I-20/DS-2019 to leave the United States, ask a friend or family member to bring your I-20/DS-2019 to SISS when SISS is open. Create an eShipGlobal account and notify SISS of your order number so SISS can mail your document to you after it is signed.
- Option 2: Because you are not required to have an I-20/DS-2019 to leave the United States, bring your I-20/DS-2019 to SISS in an envelope with a note explaining what you need. Put the envelope in the mail slot located to the left of the main SISS entrance (if you are facing the SISS entrance it is to your left going up a small number of wooden steps). Create an eShipGlobal account and notify SISS of your order number so SISS can mail your document to you after it is signed.
Options available to you if you have already left the Davis area:
- Option 1: Email SISS that you need an I-20/DS-2019 with a travel signature and are currently out of the country. Create an eShipGlobal account and notify SISS of your order number so SISS can mail your document to you after it is signed.
- Option 2: Take your unsigned I-20/DS-2019 with you. When you reenter the United States explain that you were not able to obtain a travel signature. You may be allowed to enter after being issued an I-515A form. This will require you to do some additional paperwork to stay in legal status. If you try this, it will be important that you carry with you documents that confirm your purpose in the United States.
- Students at UC Davis, for example, should carry recent transcripts and/or proof of class registration. You should be able to download some of this from SISWEB.
- Scholars at UC Davis, for example, should email their departments to get an electronic copy of a letter explaining that they are expected back at UC Davis to continue their research/teaching on a specific date. Print out the letter to carry with you. If you are employed by UC Davis, you can also carry employment verification, showing temporary employment.