Housing 101: Off-Campus Housing Resources
There are many off-campus housing options in the city of Davis and surrounding areas, including apartments, rental houses, and rooms to rent. Options vary in price and proximity to campus, so be sure you consider transportation to and from campus.
Although SISS does not endorse the websites below, many international students and scholars have found them useful for finding off-campus housing. Please review the legal resources guide, which includes information about Tenant Rights/Responsibilities and Legal Agreements. University of California also created a guide to help estimate the cost of off-campus housing by UC campus.
- Davis Wiki: Guide to Rental Housing, and Roommates Wanted
- Student Housing Office: Information guides and events about finding off-campus housing in Davis, which include Housing Options After Living in the Residence Halls and Second Year Housing Options. Also check their Facebook page for updates about ASCUD Housing Day (an annual event to help students find housing for the following school year) and their YouTube Channel for information sessions about how to find off-campus housing.
- Newspaper Ads: Check the classified advertising section of the community newspaper (The Davis Enterprise), campus newspaper (The California Aggie), or newspapers from surrounding communities (Sacramento Bee and Woodland Daily Democrat).
- Craigslist: Davis Rental Ads (Listings on Map)
- ASUCD Community Housing Listing (Telephone: 530-752-1990; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- University Farm Circle: Sabbatical houses for rent
- Cal Aggie Christian Association: CA House
- Local clubs/organizations for international students and scholars: ask at International House.
- Ask Around: Walking around Davis neighborhoods, you may find a "For Rent" sign up, usually with a phone number to call. Also, let your friends and contacts in your department know you are looking; sometimes they may know of a vacancy.
- Sacramento Area Resources: A page full of listings offering rental information for Sacramento and surrounding areas.