Step 2: Mail the following materials to USCIS
Make sure to assemble in the following order as required by the instructions (failure to do so may result in rejection or denial):
- Check or money order payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Check the current filing fee before submitting.
- Optional (highly recommended): Form G-1145 to receive an e-mail and/or a text message that your application has been accepted and the receipt number you will use to track your case.
- Letter declaring that any field left blank in the I-765 means it does not apply (provided by SISS).
- Original I-765 application form
- The physical signature MUST fit inside the box and be signed with black ink. Electronic signatures are not acceptable
- Any previous CPT or OPT must be documented in part 6 (see the workshop slides or the I-765 instructions for recommended method)
- Any previous SEVIS numbers must be documented in part 6 (see the workshop slides or the I-765 instructions for recommended method)
- Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record
- A copy of your last EAD (front and back) if you have been issued an EAD card by USCIS in the past
Photocopy of passport biographical information, showing passport expiration date
Photocopy of the new I-20 with the OPT recommendation (all pages)
2 photos (taken within the past 30 days, white background, 2” x 2”– see Photo guidelines (Print lightly in pencil or felt pen on back of photos full name, A-Number (if any from previous EAD), and date of birth)
Mail documents to USCIS Phoenix Lockbox via an express mail courier (Federal Express, UPS, DHL, etc... If you do not have a CA address on your I-765, contact SISS to check which lockbox you should use).
For FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc. (overnight / courier deliveries), address should read:
Attn: NFB AOS
1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S
Phoenix, AZ 85034