Children are eligible for free primary and secondary education provided by the local public school district in your city of residence. For the UC Davis campus and UC Davis Med Center, the school districts cover the Davis and Sacramento areas. Please note that in the United States - the term public school means a school funded with tax revenue and administered by a government or governmental agency. Private schools are independent, fee-based schools.
- The Davis Wiki has a school information section which includes information about primary and secondary schools.
- Families residing in the Davis area who wish to enroll their children in public school should contact the Davis Joint Unified School District.
- Families wishing to enroll their children in private school will have to contact these schools directly for information about enrollment and tuition/fees. As of the 2013-14 school year, Davis has at least 8 private schools (Private School Review | Davis Wiki) located within its city limits.
- For most families living and working near the UC Davis Medical Center, the local school district is the Sacramento City Unified School District. Information about school districts outside of the downtown area and in the greater Sacramento county region can be found through the Sacramento County Office of Education.
- The Great Schools website is an excellent resource for finding both school rankings for the Sacramento area, as well as listings for private schools.
- Families residing in the Woodland area who wish to enroll their children in public school should contact the Woodland Joint Unified School District.