Living In Davis
We hope that international students and scholars will participate in many activities in the area throughout their stay. To find information on local and regional clubs, libraries, places of worship, etc., click on the links below:
- City of Davis and the City of Davis Wiki
- City of Sacramento and City of Sacramento Wiki
- Yolo County (Woodland, Davis and West Sacramento)
- Sacramento County (including the City of Sacramento, Roseville, Arden and Arcade)
- For UC Davis Employees
- Davis Bike Club
- Davis Bike Club: Non-profit organization dedicated to cycling and cycling related activities.
- Davis Community Theater Events
- Davis Community and Theater Events: Volunteer to be an usher.
- Davis Golf Club
- Davis Golf Club: Non-profit organization open for membership to all golfers wishing to play in either a competitive or social setting.
- Davis Sport Leagues
- Davis Sport Leagues: Sign up for Flag Football, Men or CoEd Softball, or Basketball. There are also Youth Leagues available.
- Davis Rotary Club
- Davis Rotary Club: Rotary is an organization of business and professional leaders united worldwide who provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world.
- Davis Toastmasters
- Davis Toastmasters: Improve your public speaking skills and develop leadership skills with a diverse group of students and non-students in Davis.
- Pamela Trokanski Dance Workshop
- Pamela Trokanski Dance Workshop: For children and adults, these dance classes vary from Ballet, Modern, Earth Rhythm, Hip Hop, and more!
- Yolo Hiker
- Yolo Hiker: This website has lists of comprehensive descriptions of outdoor recreation centered in Yolo County.
Religion and Spirituality
- Congregation Bet Haverim
- Davis Community Church
- Davis Shambabla Meditation Center
- Islamic Center of Davis
- Newman Catholic Center
- Sacramento Freethinkers, Atheists and other Non-Believers
- St. James Parish
Sacramento | UC Davis Medical Center
Sacramento is the closest large city to Davis and hosts the medical campus, the UC Davis Medical Center. About 17% of UC Davis' International Scholars work on this campus as postdoctoral scholars and researchers.
Living or Working in Sacramento?
- Housing: Craigslist, Housing Maps and the Sacramento Bee
- UC Davis Medical School: Living in Sacramento
- UC Davis Medical Center: Weekly Farmer's Market
- Sacramento: 2-1-1 Sacramento
- Sacramento: Local Wiki
- Sacramento: Yelp
UC Davis Medical Center (UCDMC)
English Language Learning
There are a number of opportunities in Davis and Sacramento for family members (as well as international students and scholars) to practice or improve their English language skills.
Located at 10 College Park, International House Davis is a non-profit organization that is not part of the University of California, Davis. International House Davis serves the entire Davis community by offering many programs to the general public, which includes our UC Davis international students and scholars. Their programs include English conversation groups; a Friendship Family program for anyone who would like to have a connection with an American family; a Connections Group for international spouses; as well as many other events and programs. International House Davis also hosts the biggest International Festival in Davis each year in October.