Coronavirus Information and Resources for UC Davis International Students and Scholars

We continue to follow the developments of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and monitor situations on campus and around the world. Your wellbeing and educational experience are our prioritiesSee the updates and resourcesThe UC Davis International Center is currently closed, but we are still here to help: please email your SISS advisor directly with questions or to set up a remote appointment. Find your advisor listed on our Contact Us page.

Curricular Practical Training Eligibility

hand writing in a checklist

To be eligible for Curricular Practical Training:

  • You must be in good academic and immigration status. 
  • You must be pursuing a full course of study, except during official school breaks and vacations. 
  • CPT is considered off-campus employment (paid or unpaid) and requires authorization from SISS before you can begin. 
  • If an internship is not required for your degree (typically the case), then you will need to be enrolled in at least one "internship" or "research" unit during the quarter or session in which you seek CPT authorization. 
  • Any on-campus work may affect your ability to obtain CPT authorization.  Learn more about the CPT authorization policy as a graduate student or as an undergraduate student.