How to Request Health Insurance through i-Global
- A scholar’s host department has to complete the departmental health insurance eForm during the DS-2019 eForm request process in iGlobal.
- It is the host department’s responsibility to provide accurate information about whether a scholar will be eligible for the UC Postdoctoral Scholar Benefit Plan or a UC Davis Health Insurance Plan. It also has to be indicated if the scholar will not be eligible for these insurance plans.
- The completion of the departmental health insurance eForm will trigger an automated email message to the scholar with information about health insurance eligibility and instructions.
- If the host department confirms that the scholar will be eligible for UC Davis health benefits, email instructions will ask the scholar to work with his host department contact to sign up for health insurance coverage.
- If the host department confirms that the scholar will not be eligible for the UC Davis Postdoctoral Scholar Benefit Plan or a UC Davis Health Insurance Plan, email instructions will include a link to the insurance provider Garnett-Powers & Associates (GP&A) to sign up for health insurance.
**If a scholar decides to purchase coverage from a different health insurance provider, other than Garnett-Powers & Associates (GP&A), the scholar will need to complete a waiver process with GP&A. Proof of insurance must be provided as GP&A has to confirm that U.S. Department of State minimum health insurance coverage requirements are met. Documents must be translated into English and converted to US dollar amounts.