School of Law students: SISS Orientation does not apply to you. Please find your primary contact at the international office at the School of Law.
Welcome new Aggies, and congratulations on your admission!
Services for International Students and Scholars (SISS) is delighted that you have chosen UC Davis for your graduate degree. Below you will find orientation information*:
SISS International Student Orientation Requirements
Pre-Arrival Orientation in iGlobal
All international students must complete the pre-arrival orientation in the iGlobal portal before receiving their UC Davis Form I-20 or DS-2019. This includes a series of short videos and quizzes to help students prepare for their visa interview and entry to the U.S.
Welcome Orientation in iGlobal
- International students must complete the welcome orientation and quiz in the iGlobal portal to learn about immigration regulations and maintaining their status
- This requirement will become available in your iGlobal portal after you arrive in the U.S. and complete the required SISS check-in
- Solidify your understanding of immigration regulations and UC Davis institutional policy so you can successfully manage your immigration and academic statuses
- After completing the Welcome Orientation, it may take up to a week for Extended Orientation to show up in your Canvas. If you don't see it after a week, notify firstname.lastname@example.org.
UC Davis Campuswide Orientation
Highly Encouraged; Virtual
- Online orientation platform that provides a resource and services overview for new graduate students
- Learn about key areas of the graduate experience and identify the right individuals to answer questions before students arrive on campus
*Please note that your specific graduate program may have its own orientation as well. Contact your Graduate Program Coordinator for details.