Limited In-Person Services for International Students and Scholars Resume; Other Services Continue Virtually
- In-person paperwork drop-off and pick-up now available: 9 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1-4 p.m., Mondays-Fridays; no appointment necessary.
- Limited in-person advising begins on Oct. 7, 2021: by appointment only, Mondays-Thursdays.
- Virtual advising continues for international students and scholars: contact SISS advisors directly to schedule phone and video appointments, Mondays-Fridays.
- Location: International Center, 463 California Ave., suite 3140.
- Follow campus directives for testing, face coverings, social distancing, and other public health requirements detailed by the UC Davis Campus Ready website.
The UC Davis International Center is open to the public, and Services for International Students and Scholars (SISS) within Global Affairs, resumes limited in-person services this fall quarter. In addition, other virtual advising services will continue to be available throughout the quarter.
SISS welcomes international students and scholars for in-person paperwork drop-off and pick-up at its front desk in suite 3140 from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1-4 p.m., Mondays-Fridays. No appointment is necessary.
Limited in-person advising will be available by appointment only beginning on Oct. 7, 2021. More information about scheduling an in-person appointment will be announced soon.
SISS has served international students and scholars with virtual advising appointments since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. Virtual phone and video appointments will continue to be available throughout the fall quarter. International students and scholars can contact SISS advisors to schedule virtual appointments.
Events and activities will also remain virtual for the fall quarter.
Along with the rest of the UC Davis campus, in response to COVID-19, Global Affairs moved services online in March 2020, shifting to email, video conferencing, and other virtual tools to provide its range of offerings, including advising, to students, staff, faculty, and partners. Over the last several weeks, staff members have gradually returned to offices in the International Center in preparation for a return of limited in-person services.
The UC Davis community is asked to follow public health requirements and guidelines from UC Davis Campus Ready in order to access campus and services within the International Center.
About Services for International Students and Scholars
Services for International Students and Scholars (SISS), within Global Affairs, is helping to build a campus community that includes students and scholars from over 140 countries and six continents. SISS serves more than 10,000 international students, faculty, and researchers and their accompanying family members who come to UC Davis each year. We welcome the world to UC Davis.
As a part of Global Affairs, Services for International Students and Scholars aims to inspire global curiosity, understanding, and engagement.